Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Sunday, August 21, 2011

MFA-IA portfolio - on to the introduction

So, I mentioned many other resources that talk to you about introductions to a thesis.
Here is another I found that I like

I like that it talks about:

  • Give reasons of your particular topic selection
  • List your sources of research
  • Give argument which you will discuss further in your art thesis paper

  • I have been saying that being in graduate school is all about defending your art. O.k. this site says "persuading others" or "academic argument." That is the problem with graduate study. I don't want to argue anything I want to create art and explore. Guess "persuasion" sounds more civil than defend.

    this page from The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill talks about writing a thesis statement "After a brief introduction of your topic, you state your point of view on the topic directly and often in one sentence. This sentence is the thesis statement, and it serves as a summary of the argument you'll make in the rest of your paper."


    As my advisor says 1 could be changed to why interdisciplinary art?
    2 could be about what brought you to this practice.


    ok. I know all of this probably doesn't make any sense, but keep reading it and writing until something becomes cohesive.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home