Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Sunday, March 20, 2005

An important observation

While doing the research for the Houston Tribune article on returning to college I was thumbing through Mark Wilson’s book on Distance Degrees. I originally had planned to go to Thomas Edison College because I knew they would give me credit for my experience. But I wanted another college to interview for the article and when I bought Mark Wilson’s book years ago I had but a large star near Vermont College. There were several things that were underlined in their description; art, sculpting, even art therapy. Because I had thought that art therapy would be a good mix between sculpting and writing, and I have done many things over the years to help individuals gain emotional healing through them both, I was entertaining the idea of art therapy. So I called the marketing department at Vermont College Union Institute and began to interview them for the article. As I spoke with them and read more about their absolutely unique program I new this was the place for me.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Bridgette,

    So glad to see you found a school every bit as unique as our artistic talent. I'm looking forward to hearing that you graduated!

    Mark W.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 AM  

  • The real live author visits my blog. I am indeed humbled. Thanks Mark. Your book “distance Degrees” is great and a must for anyone thinking about going back to college. Thanks for the direction.

    By Blogger isculpt, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home