Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, September 23, 2005

Time to pack it up Rita is chasing me inside

Everything is boarded up. When I began to hear the winds getting stronger and things hitting the second floor roof of the studio my dog Emmy seems rather nervous. She begins to pace back and forth in my office, nudges my arm and paces again. I get the hint so I packed up my computer and took the 40’ commute home. Emmy stayed close by all of the way.

We stayed up and watched “Shall We Dance” hoping to take our minds off of things and the wind. We had to start it about 5 times because we kept losing power.

My husband has gone to sleep in the bedroom that sits directly below the tree that I am afraid will come down. I can’t even bring myself to stay two seconds in that room. I grab my pillows and have already blown up a mattress. I’m going to stay in the den, though I am a bit concerned about the French doors, even if they are boarded up. I barricade myself in front of a chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home