Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, September 23, 2005

I have photos

I have my camera and have taken a few photos, but because my server is down I cannot post them. If anyone knows how I can post pictures having the photos reside some place else let me know.

If you remember my x was caught in that horrific traffic jam. I did hear from them. After spending 12 hours to drive what would have taken 1 ½ hours they turned around and found resources elsewhere. I was worried about them and the animals. They were overheating. It was terribly hot. They are safe, or for now anyway. They have no wood on the windows and it does flood where they have taken refuge.

My daughter is in Tulsa and she said she heard from him this morning. Her dad was actually headed back to the area where they had to leave the rest of the animals behind. He was going to feed them and said it was so strange to see the highway abandoned and cars abandoned along side of the road. I hope he gets back o.k.

( in his e mail to me on the 20th it said
“Kathy and I are going to load up the horse trailer with Brownie, the chickens, the baby goats, the turkeys, the rabbits,and the geese. The 3 horses, the 7 donkey's, the 4 sheep, the rest of the goats and the ducks will have to deal with the storm on there own. I'll let you know when were going to leave.”


We don’t know what to expect with the flooding. Remember that with a storm surge of 25’ it will come inland quite far. ( see the maps) But here in Houston, Texas if it rains there is not place for the water to go. It is like putting a plug in things, our bayous will not drain. We have never flooded, but it came close to our house with the tropical storm Allison in 2001. 20 something inches that fell on us destroyed the area like I have never seen before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home