Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, September 23, 2005

HURRICAN RITA- Friday at lunch

Posting here from Houston, Texas

I guess I can post to my blogs- this one and creativeendeavors. Might as well have something to do while I wait for all *&^% to break loose. As I post I’ll post backwards and forwards, as I have to catch up on both blogs. What a way to keep myself preoccupied. I don’t believe I can post to my creativeendeavors blog, as it resides on my server and that is apparently down. This blog is about my studies at Vermont College. The other blog creativeendeavorrs is about my artwork. However, at this time I’ll be posting about the Hurricane. And what is happening here. I don’t expect to have electricity very long, or be able to get out, but I’ll journal the process and post as soon as I can.

At 11:53a.m. Houston is calm; I am upstairs in my office working away. My priorities? I did what I was supposed to do, and everything is boarded up. I have a few more things to pick up outside and put away and need to cover up the computers with plastic, maybe move them from the upstairs.

You will see on my other web site that we just built this studio. I sure hate to lose it.

Our total number of people here riding out this storm is
My father in law
My husband
His brother
His girlfriend
Their cat
Our two cats
Our two dogs

I also have a pond full of fish and my wonderful turtle Tilly. I have told them “go deep.” I hope they make it.

I highly expect a tree will crush part of our house. It is my greatest fear. But we have made alternative arrangements. And will be on the other side of the building for the storm. I pray that if the tree comes down angels will lay it down. Where? I don’t know. It nestles between the house, the ponds and several wires, including electrical lines that run though its branches. Add to the fact that it is growing over the gas line.

2 Comments:

  • you are facing "Rita" and someone wants to advertise on your blog. Strange world we live in. Fingers crossed etc. Take care Gx (uk)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 AM  

  • Thanks,
    I have so much to write about my experiences doing this program at Vermont College, and believe it or not my homework is sitting next to me. I plan on working on it this evening, What a distraction! I can hardly believe this is happening to us.

    Cross fingers pray or whatever it is all appreciated.

    By Blogger isculpt, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home