Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, September 02, 2005

Vermont study - Study of the wolf

Another part of my study was created to satisfy a science criteria. This was a study of a wolf.

Wolf Study- In this study of the wolf I Spent time with the director of the North American Wolf Association learning about their work and the nature of the wolf. They also provided a wolf for a sculpting class. I documented the teaching of a wolf sculpting class that included about 20 pages of notes, illustrations and photographs. Many of these illustrations included the biology of the wolf.

It was wonderful having my first class at my studio. It felt great taking a lunch break on the deck at the new studio

What I learned-Wolf study
I thoroughly enjoyed studying the anatomy of the wolf in great detail. Being able to meet a wolf and have access to live model of a wolf to work from was a treat that I don’t often get. Though I know many of the muscles and anatomy of both the human form and animals, I wish I knew the muscle names and bones by heart.

Kainer DVM, MS,, Robert A and McCracken MS, Thomas O. Dog Anatomy A Coloring Atlas Teton Newmedia, Wyoming. 2003

Lopez, Barry Holstun, Of Wolves and Men. Touchstone, NY 1978

Thompson, Ernest E. Anatomy of Animals London — MacMillan & Co. 1896
Lanteri, Eduard Modeling and Sculpting Animals New York-
Dover Publications 1985


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home