Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I LOVE THE TUI LIBRARY!

Give me a chance to rant and rave about the wonderful library we have. I don't think 1/2 the students know what resources are available. Just give Larraby a call and ask her how to do something. Each time you will be taken on a journey that will be so enlightening.

Larraby tells me that we have access to google scholar. Please don't mistake this for what you get on the internet. Even the Google scholar on the internet is different because it works through the esrver proxy. Which basically means we have access to it through our library card. You must go through the web site or click on this link http://www.tui.edu/library/loginRedirect.asp?url=http://scholar.google.com. It will most likely prompt you for your student ID. YOu may have to call larraby if you have trouble but she is so nice you will love talking with her.

I was also exctatic that she could get me into pubmed.

Several times I hve e mailed and asked, "how do I find this?" she e mails me back and gets it for me. I often wish I would have contacted her first instead of wasting an hour searching.

SUCH RESOURCES!!!!

My only gripe. I don't get the library when I graduate. No allum perks. WHAAAAAAAA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home