Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, July 24, 2009

arriving last night



It was a very long day with many flights and many delays. I’m surprised I’m sitting here typing at 10:57 in my dorm room and not still in the air. It is a blessing that I made it in when I did, even if that was several hours after when I was supposed to arrive.
The dorms are adequate, after all we are on a farm. I’m thrilled to have my own room where I can chill by myself. I met some fun people on he airplane and a gemologist let me hold an emerald. I thought that was cool and a wonderful way to start a residency. I went to the gathering that was happening in some building here last night where everyone was. I Introduced myself to one person and a couple others on the way home. “trust the process” is the same motto from Vermont College.

When at residency at Vermont I took it upon myself to call each new member of the that college, and be sure I looked them up when they arrived. If possible I would like to take that same position. I sure wish someone would have done it for me. Though I must admit the young lady at Everyweher Taxi was very helpful. In fact she was kind enough to take a jaunt over to the old campus in Montpelier and see my sculpture of Dick Hathaway. I am so glad we did for without a car I don't think I would have had the opportunity. the bronze is exposed on his shoe and I wonder why. Usually that happens from rubbing. I picture little children sitting on that shoe and taking a ride. It felt good to start residency by seeing Dick. I did long for the montpelier campus. I wonder if I'll have that same feeling here?

I have looked over the schedule and see how jam packed it is. But I’m up for the challenge and know quite a bit of how this process works from coming from Vermont College Union Institute, after all they bought the program from Goddard. So it is off to bed. More next break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home