Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Penny pinching, thrifty or curious?

This is the part I hate. One bill came in from Goddard- via e mail two days ago. Another came in yesterday, via-email. I am surprised I even saw these as they were in my junk. You would think that if some of your first contact is going to be with those who are taking your money they would at least call. what if I had not seen the e mail? After speaking with them there is yet another invoice, reflecting my deposit, that is a different amount than e mail one and email two. I have learned e-mail is undependable. I'm surprised the college would depend upon it for some of the first contacts for the school.

This note was also on the e mail.
Failure to pay the outstanding balance by 11 am on registration day will result in the 110 late payment fee being charged. The did write on the bill ( for future reference only, not applicable to new students).

Here are some more things I found out, after getting a hold of someone there to talk to.

they usually bill 7 weeks prior to registration, for ongoing students.
You money needs to be received 10 days before registartion

Board charges- which I have confirmed is food is mandatory. $305 dollars to eat for a week. That is over 43 dollars a day. Wow. I probably could eat quite well on 43 a day.

I know.. it may sound like I am penny pinching, but I do watch where my money is going. If I want the board charge waved I need to spake to a Paul Shper. That would only be done if there were health reasons.

I have been eating vegan for about 7 months now. Plus I am allergic to soy. It makes planning meals quite difficult. On to calling the chef. which I have tried to do through e mail. See e mail is undependable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home