Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lonely...

There is this real lonely feeling just before your first residency. You don't know anyone. There is a need for more information, more connection to the place that you will be connect to for 2 1/2 years. I hope one day someone who has goggled "Goddard College" and perhaps "blog" or "suggestions" or "whatever" will find this blog and feel like they have some contact.

I still have the mountain of paper work that must be sent in on loans and such, but I have deadlines and an elderly parents that I am caregiver for. Plus a huge deadline on this book that I am writing. So, I have put it off for another few days. Is this a reflection on what school will be like?

2 Comments:

  • I agree. I just got accepted to the MFAIA two days ago. It is just becoming real to me, that Goddard will actually be entering my life. In checking the internet and facebook, it is wonderful to find the unfolding recorded journey of someone else who did the same thing. I am trying to read your blog very slowly, to make it last. Thank you for writing this. I also find the professionalism of your site, and the freedom and human beauty of your bronze statue portraits inspiring. This post is as far as I have read so far; am about to go make a pot of tea, and then slowly savor the rest of them.

    -- Rachel Rutherford
    realrachel@gmail.com
    MFAIA Port Townsend
    G1 in Aug 2010

    By Blogger Rachel Rutherford, at 7:40 PM  

  • It inspires me to have you read. I started a welcoming committee at Goddard Vermont. In hopes to be able to make individuals like yourself be more welcome. Of course I can't have contact with them until they are there because of the privacy of the students. Unless of course they are like you and seem it out. I am working on that though with the help of the powers that be. It is rather lonely and those first days can feel terrifying. I hope this helps. Different campus but very similar program. Congrats on your journey and your commitment. It is really wonderful.

    By Blogger isculpt, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home