Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, June 26, 2009

So many papers came in the mail.

Wading through all of the paper work that is coming through from Vermont. Can we say overload? Sure, just go through each piece check it off and do what is necessary, plus write down questions.

A few words popped out at me, and the great deal of paper work prompted questions.

sub-freezing temperatures- Glad I'm starting in the summer, I have no idea what to expect in February. Sure I grew up in Buffalo, but that was years ago. I'm in Texas and have been here for a very long time. Can I walk through snow? do I actually have to purchase boots to get around in Vermont and if so where does one buy those in Texas? Ceratinly cow boy boots would not do, and who wants boots on your feet the entire time?

Queer friendly? I thought the word Queer was not a good word? And a college is using it?

I need a flashlight? hmmmm

Yes, I will be flying. Anyone else coming in at the same time so that I might share a ride?

Meals.... wonder if it is better than the food at Vermont College. How do I request vegan, with no soy? Hope that is possible. I will miss my morning fresh carrot, beat apple juice.

I must get a calling card. Cell phone service in Vermont is the pits. Glad to hear each room has a phone.

back to doing a bit of laundry in the dorm.

Wondering can you get wi fi in your room? Found this out called they said, "yes!"

I can't stand the low humidity in Vermont. Anyone willing to let me store a humidifier at their home for the year, that I can then use at residency. Can I purchase one and leave it there? This is a huge delema for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home