Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, July 23, 2010

Helpful Hints- for Goddard study and residency

Helpful hints
While sitting at the G1 table for breakfast I was reminded of some helpful hints.
So I'll post them here as I remember and hear them again. They are problaby listed other places in the blog

1. Annotate your bib as you go along each semester. It will be required for graduation and it is much easier to do it as you go along. Also, each semester compile your bib with other semesters so you have it for the end.

2. Helpful bib information
* Citation station makes making bib easier ( MLA format)
* This website makes a bib from a isbn http://www.ottobib.com/
* You will also learn how to do it within the library system, but I don't use it.
* Find others who are studying the same direction as you and ask them if you can have a copy of their bibliography.

3. Need a 3 prong plug adapter. The help desk rents them for $1.50 you will get your money back when you bring it back.

4. Schedule says you need to be at the library- Give yourself time. It is about a 20 minute walk.

5. PHONE CONNECTION? I have been told if you are looking for phone bars the best place is in the back of the hay barn, lower level along the stone wall. It must work because my window in kilpatrick faces it and I see people walking or sitting and talking on their phones. Another option is of course skype. skype to skype is free but skype to landline costs. 2.1 a minute or 1.09 a month.

6. Schedule is busy, take time for yourself. "Trust the process" and "naps are good."

I'll post more tips and tricks as I hear them or remember them. Or just float through the blog- especially the dates surrounding the residency to see what has been posted before. If you are a student and you have others to share please e mail me or post them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home