Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Packing list 1 week residency

My packing list will be different than yours, I'm sure. I also pack things that make me feel comfortable. But here is something to go by. I'll add more as I get closer to residency.

Bathroom stuff
  • Toiletries
  • Shower shoes
  • Bathrobe- to get from shower to dorm room
  • I bring a separate satchel for my bathroom things
Dorm room stuff

  • I'm a nerd, I have allergies and I will do anything to stay healthy at residency. I bring a hypoallergenic mattress pad and pillowcase cover.
  • Flash light- The campus is pretty well lit, but I use my flashlight at night as I'm going to bed as a night light.
  • More nerdy stuff- a travel humidifier and travel iron as well as a small fan ( they do have fans, and irons at the help desk)
  • Last semester I brought a small amount of duct tape and taped my flashlight to my headboard. So I'm adding that to my nerd list.
  • room does not have mirror but bathrooms do. I bring a hand mirror.
  • I believe towel is provided, but I bring an extra one of those.
  • Coffee cup- I like to have a cup of tea in the morning in my dorm. I hate Styrofoam and the cup is also my musical instrument in the music room.
  • I bring a power strip and also a grey plug adapter thing.
Study stuff

  • A pen drive to transfer files, if you need to use their computer or yours and print something out and you don't want to lug your computer to the computer lab or library.
  • Lap top computer. There is plenty of room at the computer lab, but some people prefer to work in their rooms.
  • A notebook or paper or something to organize all of the notes or papers you will be getting.
Other Stuff
  • I bring powder laundry detergent. Just enough for two loads, and some quarters.
  • Clothes
  • Vitamins and meds- I have never been at a residency where someone wasn't sick I bring stuff I don't think I need. The store is a ways away.
  • hand sanitizer that I can carry.
  • tissues

I'll add more to this list as I think of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home