Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thursday- Are we done yet? did you submit? Got a green YES? Time to party!

So thursday comes around and we are all very ready to be done. We have met with our groups and our adivser one on one. We are all wanting to "submit" our study plans and get a green yes, which means that our adviser has agreed to the plan. In a perfect world this is all done before dinner on Thursday because that is when the party begins.

Cabaret is a time for performers to get on stage. Anyone can sign up. Because I somehow got up the nerve to perform in a improvisational sketch during the art crawl some theater persons thought I might know how to become a stage hand. So I followed those putting on cabaret to hopefully know how to do it once they graduate.

Oh yes, and I clucked like a chicken. Yes, it was part of a skit by Professor Pollo on apoltriation. I clucked to the tune of "I feel pretty" from WEst Side Story. Now, I wasn't alone, I had six chicks and two hens that were clucking with me. Plus Professor Pollo.
The picture of my clucking is not clear. I guess my friend couldn't get the camera to work. I'm in the striped shirt on the end, trying to wag my tail feathers as I go off the stage.

After the cabaret everyone clears the barn and we dance. and of course have "refreshments." I rarely stay for the dance but chose to go down to the fire and hang there. It gets awfully crowded at the fire in the evening hours on the last night and I leave early that night. But prior to the crowds the music was so great. I enjoyed it. I shot this video. I was not sure if it would come out on my little camera but the sound is pretty clear. I love it. I think you will get the feel of the zen.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home