Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

What is so special about Vermont College?

What is so special about Vermont College that it would swing my vote as my college of choice and capture all of my attention? Plenty! First I knew they would give me credit for my experience. Next the program was accelerated which meant I could get where I wanted to go in a short amount of time. But the final and most important element is their program; I don’t know any other college that offers a program like Vermont College Union Institute. Instead of going to college and the college dictating what program I fit into, which most likely would mean I would have to pick between writing or art. A decision that other colleges were asking me to make. A decision that I did not want to make and that I felt did not fit my personality. Instead Vermont develops a program around each individual learner. (The school calls them learners, instead of students). Which means that what I am all ready doing is my curriculum! Now I can’t beat that. I mean if I am going to do what I am all ready doing, why not get the credits and degree for it?

So in other words, this past 6 months I have been working on a life size sculpture of a newsboy, receiving publicity on it and keeping an online journal . The newsboy would be my curriculum. I am so excited. This college is unique. I know what you are thinking. Are they accredited? Vermont College Union Institute is accredited by the North Central Associations of Colleges and Schools.

1 Comments:

  • I can see it mom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home