Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Did I say applying?

I have vacillated back and forth— writing, sculpting, writing, and sculpting. I want to study writing, but if my MFA is in writing I may not be able to teach sculpting at a college level. Not to say that is what I want to do now. I am much too busy with my writing and sculpting, but in the future I may and I hate to not take that into consideration. I received a postcard from Goddard College just the other day, they have an MFA in Interdisciplinary arts. I could study both. They have two locations, Plainfield Vermont and Port Townsend Washington. They are both about the same distance from Houston, Texas. Vermont is a bit closer. I would tell myself, lets go somewhere different and head to Washington, but I know it would be good to be at Goddard and meet the people that Dick Hathaway worked with. I am after all still working on this piece. I hope it will be placed by the time I’m in Vermont, if not soon afterwards.

Semester begins either feb 8 or feb 29th depending on if I chose Vermont or Port Townsend. Deadline for applying would be no later than Jan 25th or Feb 15. I better get busy. It is a three-year program. UGGGGG sounds like so long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home