Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, July 24, 2009

a long day

It is 6:30pm and the first time I have had to take a break. It has been one orientation after another. Student Id's taken, registration, learn about library services go over "the process" There are 31 new people and we follow each other around the campus. i hear this is the biggest "new group" or group of G1's they have had. A G1 is Graduate 1. We are artists, dancers, theater, video, just about everything you can imagine.

I was able to move to another room. I’m hoping this one will be better, though it is right next to the showers and bathroom so that is debatable. It beat lugging all of my junk up the hill to the other dorms. It will be important for me to really scope out these dorms to find one that will be a good place to chill for next semester. Taking into consideration that the semester will be in snow. Something this Texan is not used to.

One of the orientation meetings was at the library. I think they probably should put on the schedule that it takes about 10 minutes to walk there. I so glad another student said, “follow this trail, wait until you think you are lost and go a little further.” Sure enough there in the middle of the woods at the end of the trail was a really nice library. I can’t wait to check it out in more detail. I’m pretty much a nut about libraries.

I’m thankful the meals here are good and accommodating to the individual needs of the student. So far I have been very pleased.

1 Comments:

  • I have no idea who you are, but I came across your Blog and I am so enjoying your description of your residency. I went to Goddard for my BA as an adult in my late 40's and came back to complete my MA by age 50. Now ten years later I still remember the residencies as the most amazing times of my adult life. Kilpatrick Dorm across from the Clocktower. I preferred the winter residencies to summer-I had never heard of a black fly or ever seen such huge mosquitoes-The only real negative besides the humidity. I'm from California, so Vermont was another planet at first.
    Who is your advisor and what residency are you attending? I hope you enjoy Goddard as much as I did-I still have friends I met there and we all stay in touch. Goddard is a magical and wonderful experience, but it is the "people" who give Goddard life. Knowing, Doing, and Being and of course don't forget to Trust the process! Keep blogging I am going to send this to some of my Goddard friends-It brings back great memories-Thanks

    By Blogger Wild Womyn Writer, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home