Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, March 01, 2010

FAIRWELL TO THE GRADUATES








Graduating students are not on campus for the entire residency. Graduation is on Sunday, but all the graduates are busy getting the final details complete. From what I can tell, this consists of having signatures on their thesis or what is referred to here as the portfolio. This is bound and is stored in the Goddard library. I actually pulled a few of these this semester as it was recommended to look at 3 each semester. I didn’t find them as intimidating as most would because they are extremely similar to what Vermont College undergraduate program refers to as “The Black Book.” Of course there are some suggestions that others have given me about this book and I’ll be sure to post them here.

They also give their graduating presentations. I love seeing the presentations of other students. Sunday is graduation and is unlike a normal graduation. Your graduating adviser says something about you and presents you with your diploma. It is a great opportunity to get a “feel” for the different advisers.


That evening was the last night to sit around the fire with the graduates as well as jam with them in the music room. These two things are my absolute two favorite things about residency. People will play anything they can get their hands on, including the back of a drawer. I myself play my coffee cup against my room key.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home