Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, April 25, 2011

What is happening this G4 semester? The end begins!

This is packet 3 of 5 for my G4 semester. All semester long I have been feeling like, “wow this is my last working semester.” Next semester, I work on my portfolio/thesis. This summer will be my last full residency. Yes, the end begins.

So far it has been a very productive semester. I planned on moving away from the sculpting and digital technology to the other aspect of my graduate study- writing. Though I should mention that for my G2 I combined both and published the book Digital Sculpting in Mudbox: Essential tools and techniques for artists.

For those of you who are just beginning to read this blog I have a dual track. My goal is to receive 18 credit hours in sculpting/digital technology and 18 hours in writing before I graduate. The reason for this is in this blog over and over again. I am in the south- Texas. Here the Southern Board of Colleges expects that I have these designated hours to be able to teach in these two disciplines. So, I have tried to be more focused on how I document and use my time at Goddard.

This semester I am spending time on the writing aspect of my graduate studies. I had begun to write a novel in November of last year, just about last packet. I wanted to rewrite it or do edits on it focusing on “showing not telling.” Editors will say this to writers often. Give me a picture of the place in words, don’t’ tell me about the place. This takes many more words. My goal was to edit and rewrite the entire Young Adult Novel, all 60,000 words. Well, it is packet 3 and I have completed it! Printed out some beta copies for others to read.

The other portion of this semester has been trying to get more into illustration. I have several children’s books that I have written that I would really like to illustrate myself. I have not painted or illustrated anything in years, so I am focusing on that as well.

If your interested in reading more about what I have done this semester details are on my other blogs and podcasts.

WRITING

More Notes From the SCBWI Regional Conference

Let’s give our youth some honesty when it comes to literature and faith.

Some thoughts on SCBWI speaker Ruth McNally Barshaw

An incredible graphic memoir.

ILLUSTRATION

A new illustration- Thank you bunches

Considering illustration and looking at how things have changed.

You will see more illustration on this blog in months to come

DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY

Got into the digital technology even though I'm focusing on writing. Commission work using what I have studied at Goddard.

Working through presentations- Daz-Poser-Zbrush-Part 1

Working Through Presentations- Daz-Poser-zbrush-Part 2

The final results of the presentation using Daz, Poser, zBrush and Photoshop.

Very excited about new marketing brochure

Molecular Animation?

How did you do that?

Wow, it is like having an entirely new art tool that makes my work look spectacular!

I’m so intrigued with paper sculpture and this “New” art form.

PODCASTS

My young adult novel has a strong faith thread. As part of my novel writing I am trying to investigate the angst of faith. I have a podcast that I record three times a month. Here are some of those that I feel are pertinent to my study.

INSPIRATIONS_0094-Inspirations- Atheist and a Christian in marriage

INSPIRATIONS_0093-Inspirations- Host Bridgette Mongeon, shares her family secret.

INSPIRATIONS_0092 Creative Christians-Epublishing and new trends in publishing

INSPIRATIONS 0090 Generations The physical church needs to change, regroup or it will dissolve

INSPIRATIONS-Interview with poet, singer-songwriter Malcolm Guite

INSPIRATIONS_0087 Inspiration/Generations – Reunion of Faith With Chuck Girard from Love Song


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home