Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our 2011 Winter residency Unofficial Welcoming Committee.

I have asked each of those individuals who are a part of the Unofficial Welcoming Committee to send me a photograph and information about them to put in a flyer. This will be handed out at residency to the new students that come in. That way, you can put a face with a name. Some committee members will give me permission to include their photographs here. So I'll be adding to this post as they come in.

Also a suggestion- Friend these people on Facebook. That way we can chat before residency. Start with me if you like, I'll suggest friends for you- Bridgette Mongeon

Let me start the introductions.



Bridgette Mongeon- Unofficial Welcoming Committee Chair- Vermont-G4
My area of study is sculpting, digital technology and
bridging the gap between the traditional and digital studio. I also have a dual track of creative writing. This semester I'm changing direction and focusing on something I call, "Show Don't Tell." I'll be revising my novel and illustrating my children's books. I'm so excited.

I'm from Texas and work from my studio behind my home. I'm a G4 and this is my last working semester before writing my thesis as a G5, or what we call "portfolio." Guess I'll soon be looking for someone to take my place and keep the welcoming committee going. Oh yes, and this is my blog. If you need me at r
esidency I'm in Kilpatrick 117 though I love to spend evenings at the music room and fire.

If you need a map of the campus I posted about dorms and maps last residency. This will help if you are filling out your application and trying to figure out which dorm to ask for. Ask some of our committee members if they like their dorm. All are different.

Oh yes, I hope to be doing a workshop at residency on marketing in the arts. I hope you will come.


I'll add more committee members as they come in and I have permission to post them.

IF YOU ARE A RETURNING STUDENT and want to be a part of the committee. Here is a post on what it entails and how to get involved.

Mark O'Maley Vermont - G2
Mark O'Maley is a G2 studying the pedagogy of design (art, architecture, and performance) and getting students to see, and "to open eyes". When at Goddard he can be found stealing electricity to light things up in the woods, and hopefully this winter, he will be projecting on and lighting up snow. He honestly can't remember the name of the building where his room is. Mark is originally from Cape Ann, MA, and until June, lives in Philadelphia. He teaches high school and college level design, and his 'professional' d
esign work includes recent shows in New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia. He has a lot of ink and is a dyed-in-the-wool Red Sox fan. Oooo I don't remember my room/dorm. I didn't even remember during residency - just knew where it was.




Jeff Rudnick Vermont- G2

Jeff is a G2 studying Art as Vessels for Stories. This includes, pottery, puppets, sculpture, and the art of illuminated text. Jeff likes to explore stories visually and has great interest in tradition and the tradtitions of artisans. You might find him taking hikes in the woods if he is not in his room in Doolin (I think it was #6).

Jeff is from Kentucky. He is the Dean of

Students for Residence Life at Brescia University.


Amanda Wallace Vermont -G5

Hailing from the south, Amanda Wallace returns to Goddard as a G5. Teaching art classes as well as selling her art to various locations keeps her very busy. Amanda is an environmental artist whose speciality is making her own paper and encaustic paints. She is looking forward to finalizing her past works to create her portfolio project.






Sequana Skye, Vermont G3, loves films. When she isn't writing them, she's thinking about them, discussing them (with anyone within earshot), watching them, analyzing them. And lest you think she takes any time off from this passion, she also dreams about them. A lot. She expects to write and direct her own films and create a filmmaking company for, by and about women.

Maryann Donagher, Vermont G4 is a high school ceramic art teacher in Connecticut. Her current MFA studies as a G4 include large-scale, figurative, wood fired sculptures, her personal memoirs integrated with contemporary feminist theory and the archeological discoveries of Marija Gimbutas and her writings of the religion of the goddess civilizations of pre-historic “Old Europe.”



Dana Heffern Vermont G3
Dana has been working as a decorative painter, interior designer, and Broadway scenic artist in New York City for over a decade. She has either painted or lead the painting crews responsible for many of the top selling and Tony awarded scenery on Broadway today. Shows such as Billy Elliot, Mary Poppins, Spamalot, The Drowsy Chaperone, Spring Awakening, The Lion King, The Color Purple, and Mamma Mia. She has recently moved with her husband to the Burlington area where she is currently working towards her MFA at Goddard College. A United Way 2010 ‘Hometown Hero’ nominee through Spectrum Youth and Family Services, she is working with her mentee and offering guidance as a mentor. Dana is excited about teaching workshops she is involved in at both the BCA and the Flynn Arts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home