Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, January 15, 2011

GET READY FOR CABARET!





Each residency, on Thursday after everything is ended, we have Cabaret. If you are a new student you might want to consider this. It is a time to let down your hair. Many people perform. Don't worry it is not all that formal.

For example, last year I was in my first cabaret performance. What wonderful acting, singing or dancing did I do, You might ask. I clucked like a chicken with many other people to the tune from West Side story. Yes, you heard me. I clucked like a chicken. Not only did I do that, but I spent a good deal of the day running around trying to rope fellow students into clucking like a chicken with me. Of course I was not alone and it was conducted by the best clucker—Professor Polio was his name, but he is also known as fellow student and friend Patrick.

What else do we have at Cabaret? Actors, dancers, people who recite poetry, singers, skaters, acrobats, musicians... I have seen so much in the last 3 residencies. So if you think you would like to perform or be silly and are a G1 or new student be prepared.

After Cabaret the chairs are cleared and we party. Food and drinks are served in the lower gallery and everyone dances. This all takes place in the Hay Barn. Now if you tell anyone else that you go to college and on the last night dance in a hay barn they will think you are crazy.

After the party there is another party down in the music room. And yes, the fire. What? You have a fire in he middle of winter? Yes, indeed. So. bring the appropriate clothes, or the appropriate whiskey, whatever floats your boat. Many sing in the building but many die-hards are at the fire. Me, I love a fire better than just about anything and the music is a just not my style in the hay barn, so I rarely stay for that.

So get ready for Cabaret!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home