Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm doing a workshop at residency or at least applying for one.

Marketing in the Arts

No matter what form of art you work in we all hope to make a living at what we do. If you are interested in taking your “Praxis” to a new level or you are interested in setting up some marketing goals for yourself concerning your creativity for the New Year, come and join us. We will be discussing setting goals, using social marketing to obtain work, and developing a creative platform and target marketing. Yes, it is true. I once received a $25,000 commission off of Facebook. Attendees will also receive information and tools for continuing this motivation after leaving residency. If further break out sessions are requested for more direct discussions, such as creating an Internet presence, blogs and creating websites these can be arranged.

In the workshop form it asks

" Additional Details
Please describe in detail how your workshop contributes to your practice as you share information, discovery and exchange. This will not be published"

I have made a conscious decision to focus on doing more speaking engagements. This past semester I spoke at the Society of Children’s Book Writers and have been asked to speak at the C.S. Lewis Writers Retreat for 2011. Refining my presentations and adapting them to my target market is essential for me to build up my own creative platform. I’m happy to share the information that I have with my peers.

I have enjoyed helping other creative people through workshops. Talent, and motivation are a part of the process of making a living with your art, but knowing what to do and the nuts and bolts of the marketing is something that most creative people have a difficult time with. This was my background before I went into writing and sculpting. It has grown over the years and changed with technology. I love assisting others and inspiring them to achieve their creative goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home