Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, November 04, 2010

TAKE NOTE—FOR GRADUATES

I have a while before I graduate, but I am trying to take note of everything that comes my way. So when a letter comes in my inbox that says, "If you are graduating in 2011 read this, if not disregard," I still pay attention.

This is what I learned- There are fees for Graduation.
Good thing to know. I thought there would be. There were for Vermont College.

What this letter states is $406. is required if you are staying that graduation residency in a single room $229. if you are staying off campus and $229 if you do not attend graduation.

I guess you don't know for sure that you are graduating until you get that last packet in and it is blessed by the adviser. I would expect there is the entire first reader, second reader, thesis thing that I experienced in Vermont College as well. But according to this note it looks like you have to have your fees in 1 month prior to residency. MENTAL NOTE!

Oh and you can only stay EITHER Thursday, Friday & Saturday or Friday Saturday & Sunday. I think this is absolutely bogus. I feel you should be able to stay Thursday through Sunday night. BOGUS, BOGUS! If you stay beyond that time you will be charged $33. per night for a double room $59 per night for a single room what? "As well as board charges and tuition free for each additional day beyond 3 days?" What? am I still in school that I need to pay a tuition fee? Or do I just have a really , really long flight home traveling across the United States and feel this is a little much. For me I'm traveling a full day to get to Goddard. This does not take these type of students into account!

Other things in the letter, you can have a guest stay on campus (1 guest). You must contact the housing office and students accounts office. My daughter, in her 20's stayed with me when I did my undergraduate studies. That was so much fun. But she is married now and it is an entirely different situation. Graduates can request two guest meal passes for graduation celebratory meal.

Wow at the bottom it says if you file for an extension of 4 weeks, it will cost you an additional $2,256.00 !

To reiterate – graduation fees are:

$229 ------ Grad fee with NO HOUSING, the minimum mandatory fee.


$406 ------ Grad fee including housing in a SINGLE ROOM for 3 nights or less ($229, minimum fee, + $177, 3 nights single room fee)

$465 ------ Plus 1 extra night in a SINGLE ROOM (does not include extra meals)
($229 + $177, 3 night in a single, + $59, 1 extra night in a single room)

$328 ------ Grad fee including housing in a DOUBLE ROOM for 3 nights or less ($229, minimum fee + $99, 3 nights double room fee)

$361 ------ Plus 1 extra night in DOUBLE ROOM (does not include extra meals) ($229 (minimum) + $99 (3 nights in a double) + $33 (1 extra night)

Do I hear cha ching? O.k. Alum any other things we need to look out for?

1 Comments:

  • So an alum says that this post is "spot on. " However, there is a spring loaded bider fee. Not sure what that is. I guess it is like at Vermont College paying for your book to be bound. This may be separate from the portfolio fee. I'll have to check on that one, MENTAL NOTE! ( Frankly sometimes this blog is for me to remember what to do.)

    One person said they had two extra copies made. One to keep and another to send off. I had an extra copy made of my Vermont College Black Book. I have referred to it several times.

    By Blogger isculpt, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home