Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Got a hankering for hiking.





I have been thinking a lot about Sterling Pond in Vermont.

When I graduated from my undergrad work at Vermont College it was October. My husband and I took some time and stayed in a cabin in the mountains of vermont. Then we went on an excursion to Smugglers Notch. I heard there was a pond at the top of this mountain called Sterling Pond. We did not try to go up and hike it because, well even though there was no snow in Burlington and it was only October, the mountain looked pretty treacherous.

But I have a hankering to see it before I graduate. That would mean next summer residency I would have to attempt this. I'm not really a hiker, not professional by any means. I'm not afraid of trying, though right now with a bout of bronchitis I can't walk up the studio steps without huffing and puffing. I think it is also a little concerning when you are going for a walk and you have to "sign in." Guess they are afraid you will get lost. So this is what is on my mind. Sterling pond and hiking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home