Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Getting ready

So much to do before leaving.  

  • Look at my packing list, make sure I have those things that make me feel more comfortable while at Goddard.  I have already started to set out my items in the spare room.  Hey, who took my power strip?  
  • Complete all of the to do lists for the welcoming committee.  This is my last time serving on this committee and I'm glad there are people that see the need for it and can keep it going. Yesterday I made a sign up for those interested in signing up to help in the future.  Shhh I have surprises for my team, that will be presented thursday. 
  • Graduation Presentation- All graduates present and for those newcomers, you will find that the first part of your schedule- until Sunday at graduation is filled with orientation and graduating presentations. You are not required to go to  all the presentation. When I first came I found it very difficult to know who is who. I wish they would put the graduates pictures next to their descriptions. New people don't know everyone by name. 

They sent us the schedule and it looks like my presentation is during dinner. I was going to ask that it be changed, but instead I'm going  request that they add "bring your dinner and snacks will be provided."
  • On my list is not to forget GB- GB is Graduation Bear, I will be creating a photo journal of his travels through graduation.  I have already made him a scarf and coat for the trip.  Oh,  and GB has informed me that he is very much into planking, so my traveling companion and I will be encouraging GB to plank along the way. Well...as well as a bear with a fat tummy can plank. 
  • Finish the website for the Goddard Network. I have been working hard on this and hope to have it complete before residency.  I have mentioned it quite a bit on this blog. It was created by and for students and alumni of the Goddard MFA-IA.  Here is a link to the new Goddard Network.  
  • I'm working diligently with about 12 students and alumni to create a video presentation about the Goddard network. I hope this can be presented to the student body at opening sessions. 
  • Print out my portfolio- I don't want to carry this portfolio in my suitcase. I'm tempted to mail it up prior to residency.  If so, two copies will need to be in the mail tomorrow.   
  • Then of course, I still have my own work to complete.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home