Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Sunday, January 08, 2012

WELCOMING COMMITTEE FOR FEBRUARY MFAIA VERMONT -still updating

There is still time to get on this committee. Please send me your photo and short bio as below.


It is, once again, time to post for the Unofficial Welcoming Committee. This will be my last post on this topic as I am graduating and others will be taking over. There is still time to become a part of this great team. I have asked each of those individuals who are a part of the Unofficial Welcoming Committee to send me a photograph and information about them to put in a flyer and on this post. This will be handed out at residency to the new students that come in. That way, they can put a face with a name. Some committee members will give me permission to include their photographs here. So I'll be adding to this post as they come in.






(Also a suggestion- If you are new to Goddard, friend these people on Facebook. That way we can chat before residency. Start with me if you like, I'll suggest friends for you- Bridgette Mongeon)

Let me start the introductions.
Bridgette Mongeon
Bridgette Mongeon- Unofficial Welcoming Committee Chair- Vermont- Graduating this residency.
My area of study is sculpting, digital technology and
bridging the gap between the traditional and digital studio. I also have a dual track of creative writing. 

I'm from Texas and work from my studio behind my home.  I have a blog I have kept for my entire time at Goddard and it can be found at http://www.perpetuallearner.blogspot.com/ 


If you need me at residency I'm in Kilpatrick 117, first floor make a left. If you have a question or need something or perhaps just want to chat come on by. If I'm not there leave a post it on my door. I also love to spend evenings at the music room and fire.

If you need a map of the campus I posted about dorms and maps here.
This will help if you are filling out your application and trying to figure out which dorm to ask for. Ask some of our committee members if they like their dorm. All are different.

Oh, yes, I have a graduating presentation this residency titled Introspection of a Sculptor and Writer- Not sure when the graduating presentation is schedule, but I hope you can make it. 

I'll add more committee members as they come in and I have permission to post them.

John Ollom- The New Chair for
the Unofficial Welcoming committee
We are happy to announce that John Ollom will be taking Bridgette Mongeon's place as the new chair for the Unofficial Welcoming Committee.  Thank you John for stepping up to the plate. 


John Ollom-cochair of the Unofficial Welcoming committee soon to move up to chair!  G2- Vermont
John lives in Inwood at the top of Manhattan, NY, NY.    John Ollom is the Artistic Director of Ollom Movement Art/Prismatic Productions, Inc.  He has been teaching, choreographing and directing in New York City and around the country since 2000.  He was just recently the Artist in Residence for Eastern Michigan University for the 2010-2011 academic year.  The full list of his past performances, choreographic works and films are listed at www.prismaticproductions.com.  
Feel free to email John at his company at ollomdance@aol.com with any concerns or thoughts....


IF YOU ARE A RETURNING STUDENT and want to be a part of the committee. Here is a post on what it entails and how to get involved.






Jeff Rudnick





Jeff Rudnick Vermont- G4






Jeff is a G4 studying Art as Vessels for Stories. This includes, pottery,
puppets, sculpture, and the art of illuminated text. Jeff likes to explore stories visually and has great interest in tradition and the traditions of artisans. You might find him taking hikes in the woods if he is not in his room in Doolin (I think it was #6).
Jeff is from Kentucky. He is the Dean of





Students for Residence Life at Brescia University.









Ladianne Mandel

Ladianne Mandel Vermont - G4
Is a Charlotte, North Carolina based artist. Mother of two. Engaged to be married to an amazing woman. her creative work spans visual, sound, word, and movement disciplines - and is supported by a line of inquiry into ideas around identity and communication.  Her dorm " Fisher, she things, but is not sure. First dorm on left as you leave the haybarn and walk up dorm row." 









Sequana Skye

Sequana Skye 
,Vermont G5, loves films. When she isn't writing them, she's thinking about them, discussing them (with anyone within earshot), watching them, analyzing them. And lest you think she takes any time off from this passion, she also dreams about them. A lot. She expects to write and direct her own films and create a film making company for, by and about women.





Maryann Donagher

Maryann Donagher,




Vermont-Graduating  is a high school ceramic art teacher in Connecticut. Her current MFA studies as a G4 include large-scale, figurative, wood fired sculptures, her personal memoirs integrated with contemporary feminist theory and the archaeological discoveries of Marija Gimbutas and her writings of the religion of the goddess civilizations of pre-historic “Old Europe.”



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home