Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, January 05, 2012

I'm always surprised when I find fellow classmates, who do not complete their semester.

It kind of freaks me out to hear that some people have to repeat a semester. I mean, school is so very, very expensive, I would hate to have to do that. I am not one of those people who can hear in packet 5, sorry, you are not going to cut it.

I actually had this conversation with my advisor this semester around packet 3 or 4. I was feeling so far behind with the portfolio, I had to ask my second reader if she would mind getting my packet late. I was in the middle of figuring out my father's death and working with a very difficult project.

My advisor assured me that anyone who "fails" a semester, though they never use the word "fail," knows in advance. Their advisor has done everything they can to get them to do the work that is needed.

I say that because I can't believe I did it, that I recuperated from that very difficult portfolio semester with all that it entailed in my personal life.

NOTE!
If you do not finish your portfolio in the semester, you cannot just work on it at break. Goddard makes you take an extension. These are expensive. I'll be calling Goddard to get some other costs for this blog, and will add the costs for an extension later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home