Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What to do at graduation?

OK up and coming graduates. It is hard, if not impossible to find out who is actually graduating in your group.  Unless, you had e mails of all of the people expecting to graduate and then contacted them directly.  I'm still not sure that everyone who is graduating is being contacted by the school.

I'm sure there are groups who are more organized and more cohesive than ours is.  I'm surprised at how little I care about what is actually happening at the graduation, is there a ceremony after or before, who is speaking, is there music playing who is playing, is the speaker booked, are we going to have a slide show of work and photos playing as we come in, is there an art show?  These are the questions that apparently need to be answered before we come. I think if you asked me last residency, I would have said I care about all of them.  The only thing I care about is... that I can walk up and get my official paper, and that it looks different from the ones they gave out last year.

I was contacted by Sarah Hooker at the school, she asked what we were doing. I emailed Jackie and said can we have a list of students? I'd be happy to get us all together, then the next thing I know Peter- advisor is emailing us all. So, for those who are coming after us, if all of this stuff matters, try to keep in touch with everyone and figure these things out before hand.

But note:  Not everyone you expect to graduate will graduate, some will have to take extensions, some won't even be at residency.  Things happen—my final semester is an example.  It is difficult to broach this subject with everyone as it may be sensitive for some who won't be graduating. Be sensitive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home