Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My suggestion for Goddard

I think it would be great if someone could implement this idea.

How wonderful it would be if at graduation residency the up and coming class to graduate honored the graduating class by taking care of such details as refreshments for graduation reception and securing other details about graduation. For example: Are the musicians ready? Do they know where to set up?  Does the speaker have what they need?

Graduates are so busy,with family and final paper work and presentations they don't have time to work out all of these details. Of course that means that someone who is a G4 will have to be able to connect with other G4's and someone from the G5 graduating group.  That is a huge milestone in itself, but it would be a wonderful tradition to start.

To see why check out  my post  The woes of graduation day. 

2 Comments:

  • Fantastic idea Bridgette, but I would like to expand on that, it would be nice if the G2's hosted and mentored the G1's - the process can be daunting. I'm a G1 and will be suggesting to my lovely group that we deliberately seek out and assist if and where needed the next cohort of G1s.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:30 PM  

  • Great idea! It is difficult, and the welcoming committee should go beyond just welcoming you to Goddard.

    John should be sending you an email in the next month or so, checking on all of you and again at the end of your semester.

    Also, if any G1 has any questions I would be happy to assist. If you need commiserating check out my posts when I was a G1. I hope you have a great semester.

    By Blogger isculpt, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home