Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A check list? This is sent to graduates a few months before graduation.

I thought it would be good to go over my checklist before I leave for final residency.
This is a check list that came from School.


Graduating MFA-IA Vermont Students,

The following are important graduation deadlines and requirements.
Please use this checklist to be sure you’ve addressed them all, so
that we can issue you your diploma at commencement:



All right, " so that we can issue your diploma," that is good enough reason to check of things from this list. 
REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
√ Done
Final Product: Be certain to format and organize your final product in
the manner specified in your program addendum or student handbook.  A
title page bearing the original signatures of your advisor and second
reader is required. 

 To do
Thesis binders must be purchased from the Registrar's
Office and can be purchased at the time you hand in your final
product. The last opportunity to hand in your final product is
Saturday, February 4, 10:00 a.m. - noon.



I do know that the binder must be signed by both the advisor and second reader.  So, I'll be sure to track them down early. I was not sure about where the binder needed to be handed into, but now I got it. So my plan is to get things signed, and then go up to the registrars office, In the library, and hand the portfolio/thesis in while also paying for and requesting my transcripts. My goal... to have this done before Friday afternoon. 
SIS:  All narrative student evaluations must be submitted in SIS prior
to the commencement residency.  Course equivalents (which are
optional) for all semesters must be submitted and approved prior to
the commencement residency. Please make certain your course
equivalents are correct and complete before graduation.
 To do:  Although I have had course equivalents created and approved by all of my advisors throughout my time at Goddard, I have just printed them out and asked my husband to look them over.  I want to be sure these are correct no misspellings, or in some cases I might be able to exchange a word to make the reading more dynamic. With approval of my advisor, of course.  
Diplomas: Be certain to respond to the “How do you want your name on your
diploma?” email.
√   ?  I have never seen this e mail.  Hmmm. Guess it will be a surprise.  

Presentation: If you have permission to miss your commencement
residency, documentation of your off-campus thesis presentation must
be received prior to commencement.
√ Done
Be sure to indicate your intent to graduate when prompted to do so by SIS.

√ Done


Office contact: Lara De Lucca (lara.delucca@goddard.edu)

STUDENT ACCOUNTS
Be certain to read all email from Robin Mascitti and
studentaccounts@goddard.edu.  Pay your graduation
fee by the specified deadline. If your student account is not “clear,”
you will not receive your diploma at commencement.
√ Done  Paid all of those fees necessary to graduate.  Booked room and board for the 4 days. 
Office contact: Robin Mascitti (studentaccounts@goddard.edu)

LIBRARY
Be certain to return all library materials or reimburse the library
for lost items. The deadline to do so is noon on Saturday before
graduation. If you have outstanding library materials or library fees,
you will not receive your diploma at commencement.

Office contact: Paula Tamburello (paula.tamburello@goddard.edu)
√ Done   Actually, I have not taken out books this semester. I find it much easier to go to my own library. 

FINANCIAL AID
Students who borrowed Federal Loans should have received a student
federal loan exit interview packet via email.  Students were
instructed to complete the exit interview online.
√ Done    Yes, I did an exit interview that asks you a bunch of different ways, "Do you realize you have a huge debt to pay now that you are graduated?  Do you understand it is your responsibility to pay this debt? "  My personal goal- to work my (#*$%& off and get all student loans paid off in 1-2 years.  

If you received Stafford Loans (subsidized and/or unsubsidized), you
can complete the loan exit interview process online at:
http://mappingyourfuture.org/oslc/counseling/index.cfm?act=Intro&OslcTypeID=2

If you received both Stafford and/or Graduate PLUS Loans, you can
complete the loan exit interview process online at:
http://mappingyourfuture.org/oslc/counseling/index.cfm?act=Intro&OslcTypeID=29

Please contact Manuel O'Neill (manuel.oneill@goddard.edu) if you did not
receive your loan exit interview packet or have questions regarding
your loan paperwork.

ACADEMIC SERVICES
Graduating Student Presentation and Residency Workshop Scheduling
Request links are in email notification(s) sent to your Goddard
email account.

Office Contact: Academic Services Mailbox (academicservices@goddard.edu)
√ Done   and booked, even if my presentation is during dinner.  Oh well, it is just the last thing on this check list. 
Please let me know if you have any questions about the above!

best,
Lara


Is that really it? No more hoops? Certainly I must be forgetting something? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home