Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm in!

So there has been hectic preparation over the last few weeks. Making the decision that I would like to attend Vermont College and knowing that classes start on April 15th meant that I had to get my application filled out, my presentation done and my essay written. I labored over it quite a bit, but finally finished it. Grueling work. How do you take over 35 years of accomplishments and write them into a 4 page essay? Here is a link to my essay if you would like to take a look at the essay.

I added my media kit to my package, showing my artwork, containing some of my writings as well as newspaper clips and places that my artwork had been featured.

I also had other things to do, like getting my transcripts transferred, and getting my taxes done so I could fill out my fafsa, in hopes of receiving some kind of student aid or loans.

Though I had 3 people who said they would write letters of recommendation they were all very busy people. My letters were not arriving as quickly as I had liked. I called my admissions counselor to tell him they would be late and he said, “ I don’t think they will be necessary, we just got out of our meeting everyone was so enthused with your work no one noticed that you didn’t have your letters of recommendation.” So I am in! How exciting.

Now the countdown begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home