Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, April 17, 2006

Arriving in Vermont- Thursday

Thursday,

Almost missed my connecting flight but I was able to slip in the door. My luggage arrived and I am thankful for that. I remember the hassle of not having luggage from last semester.

I had become friends with Jody, a new arrival who just happened to live in Burlington. She offered to pick some of us up from the airport.
Upon arriving we had coffee while waiting for Devony to arrive. She was new last semester and we met by sharing a cab together.

Jody drove Devony and I into Montpelier chatting all the way. The drive always seems short; I think it is because we all have so much to say that the time just seems to rush on by. I was sad to only see small patches of snow and not snow cover, but the creeks are running high because of the melt.

We also were able to stop at the store and pick up a few things. I picked up a bottle of wine to be able to offer those arriving a glass, and some bottled water and pretzels.

After finding our rooms we unpacked, which takes forever because again we are all so chatty. And then tried to coordinate everyone going to Sadducees. This is difficult because even though there are early arrivals they are trying to get schoolwork done. There were six of us at Sadducees. The walk was always welcome treat. Somehow that Thursday evening at Sadducees is such a tradition after doing it I feel like I have come back. The walk back was a little trying because of the steep incline and my terrible bout with allergies and in turn asthma.


After coming back to the dorm. Most of us hung out in the upstairs lounge. I tried to make myself available to any newbie latecomers who arrived late. I was up until 1:00 a.m. being the welcome wagon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home