Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, April 17, 2006

The first day of residency

Friday.
Those who are not new don’t really have to do anything for the day, but somehow my day got filled. I wanted to sleep in late but they are doing construction under my dorm room. It is horrible, banging and sawing at 7 a.m. Everyone complained about it but I seemed to be really sensitive to it. I went to Doris, and then went to the construction company, as well as trying to get in contact with the person in charge at Union Institute. Our rooms are our only solitude. We need that down time. This place is so stressful we are advised to rest. Who can do that with all of the sawing going on?

In the evening we went to Round Robin.

This is our only time together as group. The dean starts introductions and we all introduce ourselves and hoot and holler for those who are culminating. It will be my turn next semester to stand up and say, "I'm culminating!"

Then we get to hear the professor introductions. They stand up and tell us what type of things they like to do in studies. I still find it so surreal that we get to interview each of these instructors and see our fit. You don’t get to do that in a traditional school setting. God I love this program!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home