Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fall Residency- 2006- Arrival Thursday

New people always arrive on Thursday and being that Texas is a long plane ride from Vermont I too come in early. I have also taken it upon myself to be the unofficial welcome wagon. What does that consist of?
• Call all new people before residency
• e mail new people with specifics like things to bring and answer questions.
• Invite all new people to dinner at Sarducees
• Arrive early unpack and be ready to help others bring in their suitcases
• Help others bring in stuff, help them find keys, linens, turn heat on in their rooms and be sure they know about Sarducees
• Be sure everyone knows my room number in case they need anything
• GO TO SARDUCEES! My favorite thing to do. Becky took a picture of my last Thursday at Sarducees, I’ll post it when I receive it. I love that walk! Cool crisp air. MMMMM it is one of my fondest memories

I purchased wine on the way to campus. I love having snacks, wine and other things for individuals when they arrive after we return from Sarducees. After sarducees we all hung out in the upper lounge, waiting for new arrivals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home