Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, October 14, 2006

BLACK BOOK BLUES

I tried to get my black book in early. This is the way it happens. You write it, send it into your advisor and to a second reader. This seems strange to me anyway. Shouldn't a second reader read something after a first reader, but I digress.

By the way, you are not supposed to contact your second reader, this seems strange because my second reader was my instructor from last semester. I guess I have broken that rule and had my hand slapped.

I have 11 days until I leave and my second reader still has not finished the reading of my thesis. What can a student do? There does not appear to be much a student can do. Their seems to be no guidelines for second readers. For most people this might not bother them but I like to plan and stay ahead. I don't want to be working on changes on a black book while at school, though I have heard that the professors read these things during their lunch breaks at residency and can make changes up until the last day.

So does not having a black book done affect graduation? Technically no. You still go up and have your cap and gown and all of that stuff, but your little leather case is empty. Your diploma is sent to you in the mail. I am sorry, but that does not feel like graduation. ( see handbook page 27)

I guess this post is a little rant. Sorry. BE PREPARED FUTURE CULMINATORS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home