Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Busy, Dick Hathaway and graduation dreams.

I received a note from my instructor that she received the black book and it looks good. She will be reading it this next week. Now that the black book is written and been sent to my two readers I have turned my direction to the Dick Hathaway sculpture.
I'm working long hours and he is receiving quite a bit of attention. Florencia comes in at 9:00 every morning to work until 2:00 on whatever I direct her to do. I work from 2:00 until about 10:00 or 11:00 at night. I worked on putting in some detail into Dick's hands and last night I got to put on his other foot. This was a huge milestone for me. I hesitated putting it on because it sticks out so I was afraid we would bump it as we worked. But I am glad to see he is finally going together. I put the folgers can under this foot to give it some support. I also had to put some foundry wax between the pieces to hold them together. It is more sturdy then just welding them together with clay. Now we will have to cover the wax with clay and put in the detail.


during the day while Florencia is working I'm upstairs again working in the office. I hope to get to my presentation, but I have been spending time taking care of bills etc.

I keep having dreams about graduation. The other night I dreamt that I was at residency and I did not have any sheets or change of clothes. I guess it is time to take out the suitcase and make my lists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home