Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, September 23, 2006

On to the next thing on the list

Hubby came in and said, "What do you do now that the black book is done?"

I smiled. There is so much to do.

1. CLEAN OFFICE- You can tell I have been doing something in here it is a mess with papers thrown everywhere. The recycle bin is going to love me!

2. FINISH DICK HATHAWAY SCULPTING- I don't know how much I can get done, but with FLorencia and 4 weeks we can get a lot done I am sure. If you look how much we accomplished on him in the first 11 days it shows. A majority of my time will be spent downstairs in the studio.

3. THINGS FOR THE SHOW- Each semester there is an art show. I really wanted to have the life size bronze there but I could not manage that. I may try to get a large print of the complete Dick Hathaway sculpture, if I get the sculpture done. That is up for debate. The print would need to be shipped early.

- Artwork for the show. My goal is at least 20 small quick sketches in clay. All of these will be sold at residency so that I don't have to bring them back. The money will go for Dick Hathaway casting.

- I have a special piece that is being cast for the show, not in bronze, in something else. I hope to have that ready as well. It is in memory of Charlotte Hastings and I would love to bring one to Vermont for Hannah, Charlotte's daughter.

-other than that it will be all photographs of work. Not the way I like to do things, but I am hoping within the next year a life size bronze will be in Montpelier and that makes up for the entire thing.

4. FIND THE CAP AND GOWN- I really wanted to use my daughters gown from her highschool graduation- I will be the only one with a gown, but it is what I want. Everyone else is going to just put on the caps. I feel I have never done this before. I want the full feeling. Chris will also use the same gown when she graduates from ORU in April. I need to search up in the attic for the gown.

5. PRESS RELEASES- I'm going to do a special presentation at the TW Woods Gallery and I need to help get the press releases out.

6. PRESENTATIONS- Because of number 5. and the requirements of doing a culminating presentation I have to put together two powerpoint presentations.

I also sold another life-size newsboy bronze- we will be working on that downstairs as well. I need to get the waxes off to the foundry by the time I leave.

I guess I better get busy~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home