Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let me officially welcome you.... (in an unofficial way!)


Yes, this is what I love to do. I hate that time between getting everything into the college and actually getting to college that first semester. There seems to be such a disconnect there for me. That is why I have offered to become Goddard's official welcoming committee ( in an unofficial way)for the first semester students who are coming. I was pleased to talk to Jacqueline Hayes today. She is the Interim program director She will be sending out notices to each of the students. What does the welcoming committee entail?

Well...first I will personally try to contact each of the new people before residency. The goal is to introduce myself, and give them a contact name should they need anything or have any questions.

Then of course there is this blog. I'll post what helpful information I can get.

I believe I'll have a welcoming station at school, somewhere next to the help desk. Anyone want to sit with me while I wait for people to come in?

And don't forget there is a social for everyone, in the evening. More on that later. Here is my picture, for those of you that I am welcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home