Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Packing list

Nothing like a packing list. I'll have to add to this as I go along.

Packing list

SCHOOL STUFF
*lap top computer
*pin drive
*binder for notes
* Presentation on computer and DVD
* Copy over all of school notes to lap top.



OTHER STUFF
*Camera for computer- I like to chat with my daughter while I am away.
* Digital camera- Hubby bought me a new one for school, can't wait to use it.
* Charger for Digital Camera
* Cell Phone- Mine does not work in Vermont but is good for the airport lay overs etc.
* Charger for Cell Phone

MY ESSENTIALS
* hypoallergenic Matress pad, and pillow case. I know it sounds a bit excessive, but I have allergies. and I must remind everyone to do everything you can to make yourself comfortable and healthy. Residency can be very stressful.
* Humidifier. As I said I hate that dry heat. In an undergraduate residency someone actually packed their humidifier and I used it during the night and they did it during the day. I have bought a travel one. I sure hope it works.
* Small fan. It is a noise thing but will also help if it is hot. The desk does have things like fans that you can barrow, and there was one in my dorm room.
* Power strip with 3 prong adapter.
* Hangers- I had no problem last time, but just in case.
* A bottle of vitamin C. I thought about this last semester and did not do it. but there were so many people sick around me last semester that I may bring an entire bottle to share.
* flip flops for shower
* bottle opener? My dorm is an alcohol free dorm, but come wed or Thursday I'm ready to have a glass of wine. I used to stop on the way in at undergrad residency. To have to offer to those coming in. But I have yet to venture to the store ( on foot) at Goddard.
* Glass coffee cup. I know this is another one of my luxury items. There are warning about sneaking coffee cups out of the cafeteria and I love having tea in the morning in a real mug.
* Lipton tea bags. Plenty of tea at the cafeteria, but I'm a lipton girl.
* water jug or cup. I got a plastic bottle of water at the airport and saved that thing throughout residency. This time I'll bring a bottle of my own.


* flash light. I only used this at night when I was reading and once or twice by the fire to help the band with things. I brought a small one and liked having it.

* Towel and hand towel.

* Hand mirror0- My dorm room did not have a mirror and so a small mirror was handy
* Tissues- small travel tissues also came in handy


Library books- Yes, you can check out books. But you must bring them back to residency.


TOILETRIES





More to come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home