Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The trip to residency begins...early

Up at 3:30, though I could not sleep so I was really up at 1:00. That is o.k. I went to bed early with anticipation of this problem. 4 hours sleep for travel and the first day should be o.k. At the airport at 4:31 a.m.The gates opened at 4:30. a.m. The checkpoint was not very slow, but we were after all the first people here. I always feel sorry for those behind me because I always get searched, and I have a ton of stuff, take computer out of bag, take shoes off. Now I have two coats on one sweatshirt and then my winter coat. I don’t like winter traveling. This will be the deciding factor as to which winter coat I bring in the future for winter residency. Can I handle a smaller less thick coat? I also have two satchels this time as my suitcase was just at 50 lbs. I took the scale out of my shipping department to be sure. So I am left hauling winter boots, gloves, and in an additional quark express carry on bag. At the last minute I thought about an umbrella and tucked that in there as well.

I was not searched but I did have to take off some extra belongings. Mental note… do not use a metal barred when traveling.

I am glad I remembered to tuck my vitamins in my pocket this morning and after getting some sort of airport breakfast and a bottled water and coffee I’m sitting here with my computer at the nearest plug. Mental note. Need a new Mac battery.

Well enough blogging, While waiting for airplane I can steal a few minutes of creative writing, which I try to do at least 15 minutes of that each day. I know all of my time writing at residency will be for my own study plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home