Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yes, bring art!





























I had the same question when coming to Goddard my first semester. Should I bring art? There are several chances to show art. When you get to Goddard check the schedule for something called "considered Spaces." These are places and opportunities to share your work. And I have found that artwork turns up everywhere throughout residency. Sometimes it is artwork created, other times it is just artwork that students feel lead to bring and show. Keep your eyes open, you can never be sure where you will find the artwork. For example I was half way through residency before I noticed that there was a bunch of tapestries hanging on the second floor lounge of our dorm. If your work is large then consider bringing photographs of your work. You will also find all sorts of art at the shows. Here are some pictures of things from last semesters "considered Spaces"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home