Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why this blog?

I started this blog back in 2005, when I made the decision to go back to school. I was 45 at the time and it seemed like a daunting task. It is my journal through that process but also through the process of finding a type of education that I am thrilled about. A student driven learning that was found at Vermont College Union institute for my undergraduate program and through to Goddard College for my graduate program.


Looking back I reflect on silly things like childhood immunization records needed to get into college, and my progression through residencies, working at CLEP tests, getting credit for my life experience, living and studying through hurricanes and deaths. It is my personal journey.


I love to educate and inform, but I trust that those who are looking at colleges have indeed researched the websites and talked to registration, and that they know that there is much more involved in a BA or an MFA than my experiences. There are dancers, poets, and others besides this simple little writer and sculptor and her blog. But I would like to think that as I express my journey, whatever it might be, that it would help others. That maybe it would encourage others to step out on their own journey of discovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home