Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, January 14, 2010

More new student information.


Sharing a ride
For those of you coming to Goddard MFAIA for the first time, if you need transportation from the airport you can contact either of these cab companies. Last year Everywhere kept a name of everyone who was coming in to see how they could gang them up to save money. If anyone is coming in around 1:17 on Thursday let me know. That is when I get in and I would be happy to share a ride.

Everywhere taxi 802-878-3623
I called. Everywhere is 100. They have worked with Goddard a while and will keep the list and group students. So if you can share a ride with another person then it is 50 and more than that.. well you get the idea.
Or Vermont tour and Charter (802) 734-1293 Works a little differently. It is 80.00 For one person and two people is 40. Three or more are 30.00 each.

It is about 48.4 miles about 58 minutes from airport to campus. Here is a map.

If you would like a map of the campus follow this link for a pdf.

The Map
You will be coming into the campus on the main entrance and you will go to building 13 to the help desk to check in. The first door you come into from the parking lot is where the cafeteria is. Go in here, then keep walking past the bulletin boards and a lounge area. The help desk will be on your left. Here is where you check in a get your key. I hope to be setting up a Welcoming committee in the lounge area to help others who are arriving. All newcomers are welcome to hang out there once they get settled.

Depending on where your dorm is you may want to ask the cab people to hang around until you get your key. It can be quite a hike with a suitcase going up to the dorms starting at 19-20 on the map.

I expect I will be in the same room as I have before. I will be in Kilpatrik Room 117- it is on the first floor down the left hallway, on the left, just past the ladies room. In case you are looking for something or just want to say hi. I'll confirm this room number closer to residency. I'll also try to have paper on my door should anyone have questions.

The help desk is well. EXTREMELY HELPFUL! So if you need anything check with Matt or Paul. Suzie is on in the evenings Also Jessee, Joan or Karen. I think that is everyone. and the help desk phone number is 802-322-1666.

DINNER ON THURSDAY
Matt asked me to remind everyone that dinner hours are from 5:45 until 7:00. They can't really hold dinner for anyone, but your dinner that evening is included in the cost of the residency.

that is it for now, more information once I think of it.

Don't forget to check out previous posts for more information
Oh yes, I need to put flashlight on my packing list. I used it a couple of times, but mostly to read by at night!, and to help the band when we were jamming around the fire, but then it is winter and my first winter on campus so we will see how those jam sessions go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home