Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, July 26, 2010

A new/old place- meditation



My friend, Doug and I went to my new special place, but this time entered it from further down stream. Much easier. This is where the children were swimming during our first visit. It took us 5 minutes to maneuver out to this very large rock wading through the stream. So thankful for friends who will venture out.

We decided that next summer residency we should do a workshop called "meditation at stream." There is plenty of places to hang, and a wonderful field above to eat lunch in. Maybe Doug and I will do a collaboration-stream meditation and cloud watching. I love that this place is just 14 minutes from campus. I can't wait to see it in the winter.


When I was a child if there was a creeks or stream like this within walking distance I was lost for the day.

Momma always said, "don't get your shoes wet." Often I would take them off and forget where they were.




reclining rock
stream echoes a lullaby
I rest.



Winooski River
Past and present
rush by.



Running, wade, gurgle, bubble blurp, rushing slippery.

Calm, sparkle, tumble, flow, massage foam.



Skipping Rocks,
Poo sticks,
leaf boats
wading,



upon the rock
the beautiful dragon fly
has left its ugly home.




Streams merge
rushing past
as one adventure



Please, oh please, I must go back and play poo sticks. Won't someone take a walk this week to play.

Poo sticks- we both have sticks and throw them in to see which goes down the river first.


















A friend ponders
the next step
of the adventure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home