Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Coming to an end? More about course equivalents

School should be coming to an end for this semester. Everyone is on the SIS ( Student Information System) and filling out their semester evaluations. Then the instructors will then fill out their student evaluations. Another semester comes to a close. It feels odd that our semesters are so different from everyone else's in the world. Other friends are just beginning a summer class at the local university and I am here ending mine.

My one hold up, before ending my semester is my traditional course equivalents. Not everyone at Goddard asks for these, and I have many blog posts about this subject. ( Search blog posts for details.) I often will send my CE to my advisor to see what they think before pressing submit on SIS. Reason for this is- if I have to change something I have to call the school to unlock my SIS so I can change something. Erica, my advisor this semester is looking over them and getting back to me on Monday. Not every advisor does the CE the same way. Some, I feel, are against CE all together. But I have to have CE here in the South. Others, I feel, have made me write my CE in a way that I don't think fits the concept of CE. The CE road has been a difficult road. This is probably my easiest semester with CE.

My suggestions for those who come after me.

  • Put it in writing. In your study plan state that you need CE. Or CE and Goddard narrative transcripts, which is what I get.
  • Submit your CE to your advisor written up in your Packet 4, remind them again in packet 5.
  • Look at your entire time at Goddard with both what you want to accomplish and how this translates into CE. I had mine in a spreadsheet.
  • AS others about your advisor, how do they feel about CE? if you can anticipate trouble, then maybe you can head it off.

My hope is this, those who come after me and need CE, know that it is through the difficulties of the students that came before you that paved the way to make this a bit easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home