Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, March 24, 2005

The sky is the limit

Today I need to finish an essay for my English class. It is the traditional class at the community college. I have not minded it up to now. I must admit that now that I know I am going to Vermont College it is harder to do this essay. I guess I am bored with the class. Maybe it is also that I had to write an article for the Tribune, an essay to get into Vermont College and other essay for the scholarship, an have been writing these blogs. And I am doing a second article on going back to school; one that I hope will be picked up by AARP. No, I think it is that I am bored with my traditional school and so excited about going to Vermont College.

While doing interviews with seniors for the above-mentioned article I found out about another college that is like Vermont. Goddard College has the same type of progressive program, working with the learner’s passion. Someone I am interviewing for the article mentioned, “add fuel to a fire and it gets bigger.” I think these schools really have something. When you tap into an individual’s passion, work and inspire them there is no stopping them.

The sky is the limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home