Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rita is knocking at the door, or is it the roof?

Everyone is asleep and the winds begin to blow real hard. I am not sure how many miles per hour those gusts are but I know that much more of a wind and the covering over my porch would surely be gone. I can hear glass clinking on the back porch, some things I forgot to bring in. I’m trying to get the nerve to reach out and get them.

I don’t want to leave the flashlight on, because our only other one has broken. So I spend my time listening to the wind in the dark. My job is to hear people coming through the house and click it on so they can see. The house is pitch black inside even in the daytime because of the boards. When walking to the living room today the only light I could see was the glow from the peephole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home