Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Friday, October 28, 2005

Waking up in Vermont

My luggage never showed up last night, so I slept in my clothes. Thank God a fellow student had an extra coat, I had packed mine in my suitcase. Other students have been sharing their vitamins and I found a new toothbrush in the housing area. This losing luggage thing happens to other students so whoever comes here – be prepared!

The students I met on my cab ride are Wendy and Devone. We picked up another student Caroline, who we met in the hall as she peeked out her dorm door. The four of us went downtown to Sarducci’s last night for our meal. (http://www.central-vt.com/web/sarducci/) We also went to the drug store to purchase a bottle of wine for our return trip to the dorm. Sarducci’s gave us kiddie cups to bring back to the dorm to drink from.



Everyone came to my room for a very small nightcap. We were all exhausted. I answered as many questions as I could about the program, and shared experiences with other returning students as they floated in.

After eating breakfast in the cafeteria this morning (the culinary institute had poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, yummy) I went for a walk with Devone. It felt good to get out.



There is snow on the ground or little bits of it. There certainly was snow in the mountains as we were flying over.


This snowman made me laugh.
We walked up the hill (Vermonters call them hills, I call them mountains) and looked at the view. WOW. There is something about this place.

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

  • mom, i want to see pics of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

  • Hello my dear.
    Hope you are doing well.
    I guess that loosing your luggage means that we are going shopping when you get back home.
    Are the leaves on the trees still changing? Its supposed to be an awesome site.
    I have so much to tell you.
    Damon's sister is very ill with weeks left to live. The emotional and mental stress is waring on my health and I am going to stay with my sister for just a couple of days and do some mosaciing for her back yard with the agreement of rightbrained conversation only.
    If you remember, please bring me home a Vermont College Brochure.
    Damon and I are leaving Houston in April to work elsewhere to meet his agreements with the Mercedes education/work agreement.
    That will most probably time that I dive into the going back to school dream.
    Its very late here in Houston and I'm running out of brain juice.
    I love you dearly my friend.
    Your Houston long time best friend.
    Me
    PS. I too would like to see pictures of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home