Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, April 20, 2006

SUNDAY

Last night I played Easter Bunny. Can you find the eggs in each picture?
By the way you should have seen me sneeking up to the guys floor late at night. I was so afraid I was being a bad girl. I just hid the eggs in their lobby area.







It only looks like a prison


It was cute when someone left this on top of a trash can upstairs.


EASTER SERVICE AT SCHOOL?
When I woke up this morning it felt like I had never slept. Maybe I did not. We decided to have a Sunday Easter service in chapel this morning. It was something that I set up with the dean and he announced in round robin on Friday evening. We have a minister who has been a student here for a few semesters and I asked her if she could officiate. This was definitely something out of the ordinary for a residency program.



Turns out we have a new student who is also a Minster. Before I knew it the entire thing had a life of its own.


I was a little nervous about that at first. I don’t think it was a feeling of loss of control or probably because I approached the dean I felt responsible. I wanted to know everything was going along accordingly. I guess it was in God’s hands because it was terrific. Each Minster spoke for about 5-10 minutes I played and sang as everyone came in. We prayed for all of our departed loved ones, which seems to be so pertinent. There have been so many losses, and the entire school still feels the loss of charlotte Hastings and dick Hathaway.


We sang “amazing grace” and “this little light of mine”. And another new person got up and sang the father a capella. We even got to have communion. Of course we resorted to using a sub marine roll and cranberry juice, the only thing in the cafeteria downstairs, but it worked. Everything was just perfect and we were all out of the 8:30 service in time to make our first appointments.

THE SCHEDULE CONTINUES
The rest of the day was still busy.
I had my senior year review. Usually this is done when you have two semesters to go, but because I had not accumulated all of the extra credits with my CLEPS and my credits for life experience at last residency I was not considered a senior. So I had my senior review with just one semester left to finish. Mine was with two of the faculty Blythe and Mada. These are two women that I highly respect, and I could not have been more pleased to talk with them. Unfortunately I mixed up the building and rooms and was late.

It is in this meeting that they make sure that you have all of your criteria met for graduation. This was not a problem for me. I had to have this figured out as I go along; it is a part of my personality. Even in my first semester when they really prefer you “follow your bliss” I chose to incorporate science and math into my study to get it out of the way.

All of the extra work I did this past semester helped me to satisfy the other things that were required. Now I just need to look past graduation and see where I want to go. I can then formulate my last study to incorporate those elements I need for my future.

I mentioned that I might like to go on with a masters and I was considering art therapy. Then I told them both that I was thinking of something else that really excited me but I was afraid to tell them. They both lovingly encouraged me. I told them of my idea of perusing my PhD without getting my masters. I didn’t have to wait for a response they both chimed in with things like absolutely and you are so ready, and comments like that. I was elated! These two women thought I was ready. I can’t tell you the confidence that this gave me. If I had doubts before they are gone. I remember what Charlotte said my very first semester. Rosie and I were hanging our artwork and she said, “ You both are at a masters level.” I think I knew that, but it sure was nice to hear it, and it is even nicer to have it to remember now that Charlotte is gone.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home