Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fall Residency 2006- Friday- first day of residency

First day for new students is very hectic. There are many different lectures. Those returning students do not really start until the evening at Round Robin. This gathering of all students and faculty has been compared to the hat sorting on Harry Potter.

It was good to relax a bit during the day on friday. Though I spent most of it getting paper work ready, and tweaking my thesis and presenations. I also had lunch with Joyce Mandeville from the TW Woods. We had only spoken on the phone, and had become fast friends. It took us a bit to settle into each other, but that friendship felt renewed even though we have just met. I am thrilled to be a part of the TW Woods Gallery through the Dick Hathaway sculpture(see www.dickhathaway.blogspot.com)

I have looked forward to this Round Robin. We all stand up and say our name and where we are from. Culminators, or those graduating, can say they are culminating and everyone hoots and hollers for them. I waited a long time to be one of those to get the cheers. I still felt apprehensive and looked at Doris, uur beloved person in administration and instead of saying with security I looked at Doris with apprehension and said ā€œIā€™m culminating?ā€ to which she shook her head yes, and everyone shouted.
( this is from a video clip that I had someone take of me saying "I'm Culminating"
After Round Robin we went to our returning group meetings. It was good to see our gang again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home